Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JB & The Terrible, Awful, No Good, Very Bad Day

I am fully aware that the name of my blog is Blessed Beyond Measure. However, yesterday it would have been better termed Frustrated Beyond Measure. Last week Murphy came for a visit. We spent $700 dollars in car repairs for new tire rod end bushings and a new fuel pump for my Dave car. Subsequently, on Friday the a/c went out in my Dave car. Looks like it's a belt. At that point I was just happy it wasn't the compressor. Co' Brown & I were waiting on a check from his new ISD which was to come Tuesday. So waiting on the compressor belt was no sweat...uh, literally. It was 55 degrees here in Texas when we got up Monday morning. Yesterday was payday Tuesday, which managed to go from zero to crappy before 7:30 AM. Co' Brown's F-150...aka "the Beast" broke down on his way to work. Had to have it towed. It was in the shop by 9:30AM. At that point I thought I would just start the day over. At lunch, Co' Brown had someone drop him off at Enterprise to get a rental to use while his truck was in the shop. To our disbelief, they would not accept any form of payment other than a credit card. No debit card. No cash. Nothing other than credit. Big no-no for JB. My stress level was beginning to rise. I called another branch and sweet talked the rental car creeps. They reluctantly agreed to take a debit card. Did I mention they were out of economy cars? All they had was an F-150. I'm loving the irony. Fast forward to late afternoon. I pick up my mom because it's a girl's night. My dad was going to the Ranger game with the guys and we were headed to meet our cousins to hear my brother's gig. After a day like that, I was really looking forward to the "me time". On the way to pick up the rental, we get stuck in a parking lot better known as I-20. It was no longer 55 degrees and my car was sauna. Needless to say, my girl's night turned into family night. My mom & I finally made it to our destination...with Co' Brown... and the kids. By the way, my car seats five. You do the math. We all had a great time at the gig. The food was great, the music was phenomenal, and there is nothing better than catching up with family. What a happy ending to such a lousy day, right?! We headed home. I think we made it about a block before we had a flat tire. Not kidding. I'll take my Tahoe back now.

1 comment:

  1. I think I speak for all of us when I say, we've all had days like that! Proud of you for following your FP rules, Curt and I need to get back on it - I haven't had any spending $$ in a while, cause we haven't budgeted in a while and I'm scared to spend anything unless its "ok" - yep back to the budgeting board for us!!! Praying to day was a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete