Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Totals Are In!!!

If you have not purchased this.....

let it be the LAST thing that you charge on that pathetic little piece of plastic. Let me guess...you're all, "I don't have time to read, Julie Brown!" Well guess what, sister? I don't even LIKE reading! So, go download the audio version onto your IPOD that you probably CHARGED and listen to it in that vehicle that you love making payments on every month while you are driving your kids to private school. Okay, well maybe that's my dirt... Anyhow, let's cut to the chase. Like I told you in my first blog post, we started this little adventure in January 2009. It has now been 9 months and we have decreased our total debt by $14,207 so far. And honey, it ain't no cakewalk! I LOVE to shop. I LOVE to go out to eat. I LOVE getting my hair and nails done. It is an extremely humbling experience. But, I value things more now. I see things from a different perspective and I find myself 100 percent more faithful in a God who provides. I no longer "buy things with money you don't have to impress people you don't even like" as I've heard ole' Dave say over and over. It's so hard, but you have to stop caring what people think and do what is best for your family. I can't wait to see what's in store for us...and for YOU! Please keep me updated on your success...it's all about the little victories. They keep me going when I want to throw my hands in the air and say, "forget it!" GO. BUY. THE BOOK.

1 comment:

  1. You are exactly right! I am so happy for you! There is no freedom after the freedom we have in Christ like financial freedom! Keep it up and be a blessing. I love your profile as well!

    ReplyDelete