Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's Time To Get Motivated!

Hello bloggy friends! I hope you all had a great holiday season! Wow, I've really been a slacker on this blog posting business! It's time to crack the whip and start saving money in 2010! I am so excited to see how much we can decrease our total debt this year. If you are just checking in, we began doing Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover in January of 2009. Our totals for the year were just over a $36,000 decrease in total debt. Get on board people! If you want to know more, I encourage you to scroll back and check out my first couple of posts.

I went to Kroger tonight. The weekly special (ends tonight...sorry!) was buy 3 Kellogg's participating items and in turn, get a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, a gallon of milk, & a pkg of sausage gravy ALL for FREE!!! I wanted to post this as an example. Here's what I bought...2 boxes of Nutrigrain bars and 1 box of Kellogg's Special K cereal. These items were 3/$7. I had a coupon for $1off/2 boxes of Nutrigrain bars (couldn't find one for the cereal, ugh!) which brought my total down to $6.00. I also received a free regular sized bag of Stacy's Pita Chips with a coupon from becoming a "fan" of their's on Facebook. Here's a picture of what I bought for $6.01 out of pocket. Not FREE...but not bad!



Kroger has been having these weekly meal deals like some of the other stores lately. Don't forget to combine these offers with your coupons! Also, if you live in the South Dallas area, Sprouts has the biggest navel oranges I have ever seen for $0.29/lb this week. They are awesome! Sprouts allows you to use the previous and current week's circular on Wednesdays. Pretty cool.

Please keep me posted on what great deals you are finding and how much you are paying off! It can be really hard to stay motivated at times, but hearing your stories are an encouragement to us! Let's rock this debt in 2010!!!

1 comment:

  1. There are some deals posted at savingtexasstyle.blogspot.com for you to share!

    ReplyDelete