Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To Market, To Market....

I was very pleased with my trip to Sprouts today. Remember, on Wednesdays they let you use both circulars! Here's what I chose:

Red Seedless Grapes = $0.88/lb
Pineapples = $0.99 each
Roma tomatoes = $0.49/lb.
Cilantro = $0.49/bunch
Purple Onions = $0.99/lb (the organic ones are less this week, the little guy rang mine up wrong)
Jalepenos = $0.99/lb
Broccoli Crowns = $0.77/lb
Celery Stalks = $0.99/bunch
Carrots = $1.39/bunch (i swear i thought these were cheaper, gotta check on that!)

I'm going to make fresh salsa (maybe pineapple salsa?) because I've been craving it ever since Super Bowl Sunday when my friend Carrie brought her yummy Mango Salsa to work! I paid $8.48 for everything and when I checked out the little guy told me "be sure and take some flowers." Yep, FREE flowers...he must of known I needed a reason to smile. I think they are open until 10pm...so hurry up and get your free flowers, too!

1 comment:

  1. OHHHH...And if you are a fan of grapefruit, they are 19cents EACH!!! Unfortunately, I am the only one in my house that will eat them.

    ReplyDelete