Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The 411 on Aldi...for all my DFW peeps!

So have you been seeing this place around town?

Store Locator

Aldi Foods is now open in several DFW locations. When we lived in Kansas, they were everywhere! I've been waiting for the one in Mansfield to open, but since it hasn't I went today and checked out the location at Wheatland & I-20. I have to say, I was pleasantly suprised! So...what is it? It's like a Jewel-T...from back in the day...remember those?

They had great selections on produce! I'm not sure if it's because the store is brand new or what. I don't remember the one in Olathe having produce at all, but like I said it's been a decade since I've been there. A couple of things you need to know about Aldi:
  • You need to bring a quarter in order to use a basket. Don't flip out. You get it back. :)
  • You have to bring your own bags or boxes.
  • They will probably only have one selection on most items and it will usually be generic. Not always...they do carry some brand name items too.
  • The prices are awesome.
Here's some of the items I purchased today:

Applesauce-$0.99/jar
Mandarin Oranges-$0.49/can
2%Milk $1.79/gallon
2lb. pkg Green Grapes $1.58
2lb. pkg Red Grapes $1.58
Black Beans $0.59/can
Cheese Sharks $1.29/box
Baby Carrots $0.89/bag
Oatmeal Cookies $0.99/pkg.
Brown Gravy Mix $0.35/pkg.
Taco Seasoning $0.35/pkg.
Cheese Curls $0.99/bag

I didn't buy eggs but they were only $0.89/dozen. These are all items that I don't usually have coupons for so, I was very pleased with the prices as well as the quality of the fruits/vegetables. I honestly went in thinking I'd walk out with little to nothing. When I checked out they gave me 2 reusable shopping bags...free:) It's the little things in life isn't it? Go check out an Aldi near you and let me know what you think. www.aldifoods.com



1 comment:

  1. I think the Mansfield location is set to open May 13th. It is the little things in life. (:

    ReplyDelete