Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oh Lord, That You Would Bless Me Indeed...

Those simple words have crossed my lips daily for months now. The Prayer of Jabez. In January 2009 we decided to dramatically change our lifestyle and how we spend our money. Focusing on the future and what we would like to leave our children (and their children) has become priority in our home. With the help of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University we have now knocked out a whopping $11,500 in only seven short months. It has not by any means been easy, but it has been extremely rewarding. I wanted to begin blogging to share some of things that we are doing that might help someone else save a penny or two. I am here to tell you, if WE can do it...then YOU definitely can do it as well!! The most important thing I have learned (and continue to be reminded of) is that God is faithful and he will 'bless you indeed' if you just ask. That sounds like such a simple thing, but I think sometimes we get so caught up praying for other people or about certain situations in life that we forget to ask God for His blessings.

And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, "Oh, Lord that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain." So God granted him what he requested.
I Chronicles 4:10
NKJV

It's a powerful little prayer. I challenge you to utilize it and see how God chooses to bless you. I feel as though our family has been blessed beyond measure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie, glad to see you started a blog!!!! We too, went through financial peace in the Spring of 08' and we are debt free (besides our mortgage:)). It's a good feeling huh? God is so faithful to provide and its been a fun ride relying on him! He always blesses us beyond our imaginations! Thanks for your tips on couponing and CVSing! I need to start trying that, do you visit mommyswishlist.com - they have a TON of great ideas, tips, etc. Happy saving/shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete