Monday, September 28, 2009

For all my fellow Tide with Downy lovers...this one's for YOU!



Okay, ladies...if I failed to mention it already, one of the HARDEST things for me to give up during this little "journey" of ours is my Tide with Downy. Definitely my fav guilty pleasure!!! So, forgive me if I get a little overly excited in this post...it's the little things, isn't it?! This is a GREAT week to stock up on Procter & Gamble items at CVS. There are several ways you could swing this deal, but in the end I decided to go with the Tide (which also happens to be on sale for $6). So, here's the skinny...buy $25 worth of participating P&G products, get $10 ECB's back. Below is a list of my transaction from this evening:


(4) Tide 50 oz. SALE $6.00 ea. - (4) $1.00 off coupons

(1)Bounce 2 month dryer bar SALE $4 ea. - (1) $1.00 off coupon

(1) Dawn dish liquid SALE $1 - (1) $0.50 off coupon


(3)Listerine Total Care 500ml bottle $3.99 each/get $1 ECB *limit 3 per card* - (3) $2.00 off coupons (after all is said and done this makes them $0.99ea.)


(2)Crest w/ Scope $3.99/get $1.50 ECB *limit 2 per card* - (2) $1.00 off coupons

(2)Colgate Total Whitening SALE 2/$4 - (2)$1.00 off coupons


Ready to pay? Do you have your coupons? What about your CVS card? Okay...

Subtotal: $39.95
Tax: $1.77
TOTAL: $41.72
EXTRA CARE BUCKS PRINTED AT BOTTOM OF RECEIPT: $17.50

So, I figure it like this...that's $24.22, right? Which is about what you would pay for 4 bottles of Tide if it were ON SALE for $6.00. Or, even better....$24.22 divided by 13 items = $1.86 per item listed. However you want to look at it, I say it's a great deal! Oh, and if you don't need detergent, you could stock up on Charmin TP, Bounty paper towels, Dawn dish liquid...etc. Get your ad and match up your coupons! It's a great week to stock up, not only on household item, but ECB's as well! Then, take those ECB's and use them next time for items that give you ECB's in return...making them ZERO out of pocket!

Proverbs 31

No comments:

Post a Comment